JAY® J3™ Back
Designed for the active to the elderly, the Jay® J3™ Back features the most versatile hardware package, flexible positioning system, and all-in-one package that we’ve ever created. The J3™ Back is dedicated to eliminating compromises such as towel bars that interfere with the mounting hardware, backrest contours that fail to match the user or even back heights that are too tall or too short. J3™ supplies multiple solutions with one product. Now more than ever, “We’ve got your back.”
JAYMount™ hardware is designed to clamp to back cane tubing widths of 1 1/8″ to 3/4 “; mount around obstacles such as towel bars, armrest receivers, and side-guards; accommodate up to 2” in width adjustment; angle backward with little or no loss of seat depth; and attach and remove with minimal effort. Never deal with complicated back hardware again.
Spine-Align: Let the Back Fit the User
Fitting the back to the user not the user to the back is the goal of the Spine-Align Posture Conforming system. This is accomplished by combining a wide range of individual foam components to create unique shapes that optimize postural support, evenly distribute pressure, and maximize function. Velcro strips attach to each shape so they can be placed into hundreds of configurations. The flexibility of the system is boundless.
A Multitude of Shapes, Sizes and Widths
The J3™ Back is designed with a variety of contour depths, support heights, widths ranging from (12″ to 26″) and support shapes to fit almost every user. This incredible range eliminates compromises and guarantees a correct fit almost every time. The variety of options and the multi-adaptable mounting hardware options make the days of fishing through stacks of order forms obsolete. One back, one fit, one order form. It’s that simple.
Multiple Hardware Options
The new JAYMount hardware release system is like no other in the market. Instead of exhausting yourself to release the back from the chair, this elegant design requires minimal effort to attach and remove. The entire process can be accomplished with one hand, even with limited dexterity. The LITE Mount hardware is ideal for the lightest weight system for a highly rigid mount. 4-Point mounting hardware is perfect to withstand more weight and force over a wider area, with the same quick release as the JAYMount.
- The J3 Back features the most complete portfolio of options we’ve ever assembled on one order form. It eliminates wading through a stack of order forms to locate the right combination of parts and pieces. Ordering is as simple as determining the contour depth, the level of support, the back support height, the user’s back width, and the hardware preference. These 5 variables create the single part number that is highly intuitive.
- Heavy Duty back available with 4-point hardware can allow for up to 500 lbs. With all 22″ backs, and on request for smaller widths, a vanity flap is included to accommodate redundant tissue.
- Accessories galore! The J3 Back features one of the widest ranges of available accessories. Multiple lateral sizes, Spine-Align positioning components, Whitmyer® headrests, Comfort Fit® chest straps, and trunk straps are just a sample of the available options. Best of all, the headrests and chest straps can be pre-mounted at the factory saving valuable time and money.
- When it comes to backrests, preventing excess moisture and regulating temperature are two of the requirements clinicians and ATPs take into consideration. Every J3™ back features special new spacer fabric upholstery designed to wick moisture away from the skin and circulate air flow throughout the cover.
- Never again worry about losing seat depth when adjusting the backrest angle. The J3™ back provides up to 22° of back angle adjustment with minimal to zero loss of seat depth. This is especially helpful for individuals with postural deformities who may require more extreme angles.